& but you deserve something better$BlogItemTitle$>
Monday, May 9, 2011 @5:12 PM
HELLO :D
no school today~just came back from Cambodia yesterday.
Cambodia was pretty awesomee :))
so... lets see what I can remember about the trip.
3/5 - woke up at like 5am, went to the airport. oh I didn't get a window seat on the plane again. but I got one next to a window seat :D so the flight wasn't as long as the flight to Japan, like 2h only? yeah. so we reached, took a bus to a war memorial,then to the hotel, where there was wifi :D haha twitter and facebook. then a war museum, which was not bad, but the heat was such a killer. saw a beehive which was really cool, unlike those we normally see in cartoons lol. and that museum isn't like a typical singapore museum, but no air con, it's not in a building, and the... artifacts (?) are just on grass. and yeah I came to cambodia with a cold and sore throat. so yeah I had a fever that day. back to the hotel, washed up, dinner at a restaurant, then back to the hotel, worship and discussions for the next day's lesson. but yeah I almost died cause of my fever. haha. roomed with Jessica and Su Pyae Phyo. and I suppose we were the quietest room. as in, we didn't change rooms or scream or laugh loudly or anything. especially that day I had a fever so I went straight to sleep. ah well.
4/5 - went to Kdei Roun school. long bus ride there and there were so many cows haha. and when we got there, the kids from the school were all lined up by the roadside to welcome us :D haha omg so cute. so yeah my group took grade 3 morning session and grade 4 afternoon session. taught the morning session, lunch, lol raw chicken for some people /: , taught the afternoon session. haha. taught them abc and got them to repeat after us which was so awesomely cute and wonderful to hear and their smiles and laughter were great and we taught them games and yeah we played in the hot sun, lao ying zhuo xiao ji and I was the eagle with the whole trail grade 3 boys behind me and I had breathing difficulties that day and I almost died but it was fun and the kids were so cute and how awesome it was haha omg. then yeah after that we went back to the hotel all tired out and washed up, dinner which was almost the same, I mean like, most of the dishes were the same as the day before lol. back to the hotel, worship and discussions.
5/5 - okay trailblazer first. then the school. second day at the school and the kids were uber cute and looked so happy to see us :D taught them crafts and haha we taught the grade 4 class paper aeroplanes and let them fly it outside the classroom. omg they were seriously so cuuute ahhhhhhhhh ^^ flying their paper planes around :D and we taught the grade 3 class the lion thingy and it was so nice seeing them holding it in their hands as they went off after being dismissed :D taught them english too, simple sentences and stuff like hello, bye, thankyou, you're welcome for the grade 4 class. and we were teaching them "I love going to school" and we got them to repeat after us word by word so we said 'I', they said 'I', then we said 'love', then they said 'love' and they themselves continued with a 'you' haha omg so cute they know 'I love you'! so yeah we taught them that too. and 'I love you' in cambodian sounds nice, just that I don't know how to spell it here. haha they're so cute seriously. and omg some of the kids actually wrote down the words that we taught them on their paper planes without us telling them to. and Kian! he's really very smart :D but there was this reallyreally cute short boy from the grade 4 class which I stalked :O hahaha but yeah I love the grade 4 class :D so yeah after that like the first day, we went back and had a similar dinner and blah. oh yeah, we went to some mall for awhile, some people got icecream. I didn't cause of my cough /:
6/5 - last day at the school! this day the morning and afternoon session combined, cause we were gonna give them lunch. so we went into the grade 3 class that it was seriously packed, about 80 people, and we were taken by surprise. we later then realised it was a combined class and we won't be teaching our beloved grade 4 afternoon session D: which was really saddening cause that class was awesome and half the class that we were teaching that day we didn't know. ah well. so we taught them hygiene and english. and after awhile we ran outta stuff to teach them so we taught them random stuff like chicken and cow and triangle and cambodia and parallelogram. yes, parallelogram. that was hilarious. haha ah well. so later we performed 'I've got peace like a river' for them. then yeah we went off... ): ah well. we had a great time with them and it was so good to see them laughing and smile and repeating what we said. so yeah after that we went to old market to shop for awhile. bought stuff, and there you could actually bargain. but they usually won't let you bargain till they don't make a profit. but Jessica did. she bagained something from USD$20 to $12 haha. I'm not that good apparently. ah well. then the mall, icecream :D I got yoghurt icecream and it's nice :D then hotel, washed up, dinner at a better place with better food. then night market, more shopping :D spent USD$60 in total. haha.
7/5 - went to some temples that day. bayon temple and ta phrom temple or whatever. okay everything was pretty much stones all the way, interesting stones. but alot of people weren't enjoying it cause it was so freaking hot. ah well. back to the hotel for lunch. finally got decent lunch, compared to all the other lunches. then angkor wat. haha it looks wonderful, like all the pictures I've seen :D but still it's just stones, and it was too hot. haha. so after that, old market for 15min, for people who wanted to buy some stuff they didn't get the day before. then the mall again, I got yoghurt icecream again cause it was too nice to me. haha. then hotel, washed up, and a restaurant......... with similar food. haha oh well. last night there! I heard some people changed rooms, girls and guys slept in the same room lol. but teacher didn't check cause it was the last night. haha. but my room was quiet as usual (:
8/5 - left the hotel soon after breakfast, took a plane back to singapore :D home sweet home. and I got a window seat, like finally, cause I changed place :D ohmyy the view is awesome :D I love the window seat haha yay :D
so yeah, that's how it was. it was fun, I had a great time, but I'm glad to be back.
and apparently the weather here isn't better than cambodia.
I thought it would be much better /:
meh.
ohohoh I bought a painting~ :D
it's so pretty :D
USD$5.
and my hair is in a total frizz now cause of the days I didn't use conditioner in cambodia.
didn't bring. and now.
haha oh well.
oh yay I finally get back my chocolates :D
glad my sisters didn't finish em all while I was away.
and I missed my piano.
at least I haven't really deproved after having not touched it for so many days.
and I can play alot more songs now!
haha whee. :D
so anyway. no school today,
elections holiday I think.
oh and I still don't get a single shit about elections and all that.
ah well.
elearning the next 2 days.
haha.
I've started.
yeah alot of other people did too.
printer spoilt,
but someone saved my day :D
haha.
alrights.
should I post the cambodia pictures on facebook?
not much pictures of people, mainly the place and the kids.
ah well.
maybe I should.
ran outta memory on 7/5.
haha oh well.
I had my phone :D
but not much pictures.
CNBLUE! <3
yonghwa :D
discovered their awesomeness while I was in cambodia and I heard their songs on the korean channel.
LOL.
okay.
whoo CNBlue~ :D
hahaha.
alrights.
shall do something else now.
byeeeee :D
Hover to attract, click to feed.